We'll see!
Here are the tests I tried out - with results:
Chinese gender calculator - GIRL
There was some confusion with this one, because you are supposed to put either your actual age or your lunar age - along with your month of conception. However, we would be on the cusp of two different months (December and January - yes, most likely New Year's) and my actual age was 28, though it says my lunar age is apparently 29. So, I tried all combinations and it produced GIRL the most.
The Drano Test - BOY
Absolutely my favorite test to do. It actually felt like I was in science class again, doing a backyard experiment. Although, mom really did it while I safely watched from inside. According to our instructions, you basically pee in a jar, mix Drano crystals in it and watch what color it turns. Ours turned a dingy brown color - meaning BOY. I'm guessing because boys love dirt. Mom swears it was right for all three of us when she tried it back in the day. We'll see!
Heartbeat Test - GIRL
I'm not sure what to think about this one, because I've only heard the heartbeat twice. The first time was at about 11 weeks and it was in the 170s. The second time, it was around 15 weeks, and it was in the 140s. They say heart rates above 140 are indicators of girls. Any lower, and you have yourself a boy.
Cravings - BOY
They say if you can't get enough of sweets, you've got yourself a girl. However, if you're craving sour - there's a boy in your belly! My only consistent craving has been strawberry limeades - which are both sweet and sour. Twins??? Ummm, doubt it. I'm gonna say boy - just because I crave the strawberry limeades more because of their sourness!
Wedding Ring Test - BOY
This was an interesting test I decided to do when I was bored in my office one day. It said to take your wedding ring and dangle it over your belly with a strand of hair. If it goes back and forth - it's a boy, and if it goes in circles, it's a girl. Mine was a definite back and forth.
Husband Test- BOY
I don't think this is an official old wives tale, but I've heard from my friends that their husbands just knew what they were having. They just had a feeling. I asked Jon and he wasn't being very cooperative - there was no feeling whatsoever. However, he did say he'd love a boy, and that he gets what he wants, so - I'm using that as his "feeling". I told him if he supposedly gets what he wants, then why isn't he wanting a million dollars right now! That'd be nice! Also, they say if the husband gains weight during the pregnancy, it's a girl. Jon says his pants still fit the same!
Other people's opinions - BOY
I have had more people tell me that they just have a feeling it's a boy. The results of the poll, well, if I hadn't screwed it up, would've been 2 girl votes versus 5 boy votes.
The "Me" Test - GIRL
They say if you're having a girl - you will have bad morning sickness, and your beauty will be drained. Yea, my beauty is definitely drained! HA! If it's a girl - she's sucking what little beauty I had right outta me! I've got acne now and my hair looks like crap on a daily basis. And, there was definite nausea early on. So, I'm saying GIRL based on that. Plus, my initial feeling was GIRL - even though I have absolutely no clue whatsoever now. I did read somewhere recently that 71% of women guessed the gender correctly. Hmmm.
Statistics Test - TIE
This is my own little math nerd test I formulated during one of my sleepless nights. Out of my girlfriend bunco group - the girls who have babies or are pregnant all have girls - no boys. That means out of 4 girls who have had babies recently, or are about to - they are all girls. Of course there are 3 of us that are pregnant who don't know yet. However, at work, the 2 other programmers all have boys. No girls. That's 4 boys. So, statistics don't really help me out here. I'm just letting you know how much of a math dork I am....
So - the majority of the tests I've tried point to BOY.It really was a lot of fun trying to guess. Of course - I'm definitely gonna leave this up to science because that's the only real way of telling. We will be happy with a son or a daughter! We just want to know!
Six Months and Some Change
14 years ago
3 comments:
I've always kinda thought boy for you, but I could be totally wrong! I'm interested to see what they say on Friday!!
Okay girl...it's friday...give it to us!!!! either way it's exactly what God knows is best for you. and...all the boys I didn't have pregnancy symptoms AT ALL and this girl is kicking my rear and her heart beat has been under/around 140 the entire time so you never know. Jen
I really thought it was a boy the whole time - wohoo! Now Henry has a cousin to play with - not that he can't play with a girl....you know what I mean! Let me know when you pick out your boy nursery stuff - I have something planned to make for your little man and I need to know what colors the nursery will have!!
Post a Comment